The company started up in 1921 as Poviat Roads Authority (Powiatowy Zarząd Drogowy). It was a national unit responsible for repair and maintenance of roads. Within years, it underwent many transformations and reorganizations, adjusting its activity to the changing economic conditions and technical progress. The company significantly extended its offer, which was initially local, and started to execute tasks within the whole country. Since 1994 it is a limited liability company called Przedsiębiorstwo Budowy Dróg i Mostów Sp. z o.o.
The company specializes in construction, modernization and repair of roads, streets, bridges and airports. Its offer includes also execution of temporary roads and by-passes. In company’s modern plants, located in Stanisławów, Osieck, Lublin, Korsze, Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki and Tomaszów Mazowiecki, bituminous mass and concrete are produced (ready-mix and construction concrete, as well as concrete for road foundations).
PBDiM also carries out complex laboratory tests as regards road and bridge construction. Within the company’s structure, there is the Roads Central Laboratory, in which the quality of works and produced materials is evaluated. The laboratory tests types of mineral-asphalt mixtures and concrete.
The company’ offer includes also lease of transport means and specialist equipment for roads and engineering works.
Projects executed by PBDiM are, i.a.:
• Bypass of Lublin
• Northern bypass of Krzepice within the national road no. 43
• Expressway S-2 between Konotopa and Puławska
• Reconstruction of national road no. 2 Warsaw – Siedlce – Terespol, fragment from the end of Biała Podlaska bypass to Terespol
• Extension of national road no. 61 from Zegrze to Serock
• Extension of national road no. 79, fragment from Warsaw’s border – crossroads with Energetyczna street in Piaseczno, including collision-free access to the shopping centre “Auchan”
• Execution of access roads to the II bridge crossing in Płock – fragment V
• Reconstruction of national road no. 2 between Mińsk Mazowiecki and Kałuszyn
• Repair of the surface of national road no. 12 between Radom and the border of the Lublin voivodeship
The following projects are currently in progress:
• Central fragment of line II of Warsaw underground
• Expansion of national road no. 8 to adjust it to the parameters of an expressway fragment from Piotrków Trybunalski to Rawa Mazowiecka (63 km)
• Bypass of Mińsk Mazowiecki
• Construction of a new multi-modal Station of Łódź Fabryczna
PBDiM has got almost 700 highly-specialized employees, modern equipment and measurement appliances. The highest quality of service and products is guaranteed by the Quality Management System according to the international ISO 9001:2000 and AQAP 2120 system.