Astaldi is a leader among construction companies in Italy and one of the most important construction companies in the world. Transport infrastructure, civil and electrical engineering, as well as industrial and general construction are the key sectors for Astaldi, in which the company operates as a general contractor and concession operator.
In 2011 Astaldi was ranked 93rd among 225 leading construction companies in the world according to the ENR (Engineering News-Record).
Thanks to its extensive contractual experience, Astaldi, is rated as follows:
- 7th place in the field of public transport and railway construction
- 4th place in construction of dams and water basins,
- 24th place in industrial buildings construction
Astaldi, since 2002 listed on Milan Stock Exchange, employs 8800 people, generates income of more than 2 billion Euro and has the order portfolio worth more than 9 billion Euro.
Astaldi has been working its reputation for over 85 years. In such countries as: Algieria, Chile, Peru, Poland, Romania, Turkey, Venezuela – that constitute the most important area of its international activity- Astaldi is involved mainly in the projects concerning civil engineering, energy, transport infrastructure. Transport infrastructure is within the company’s area of interest in the United States. And in countries such as: Bulgaria, Costarica, Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Russia, Astaldi is engaged in projects connected with water and transport engineering.
Astaldi’s activities in the Middle East include oil and gas sector, as well as transport infrastructure.
Other areas of the company’s interest are: Brasil, Canada, Russia, India.
Astaldi’s started working in Poland in 2009 which is related to the commencement of design&build project of II line of Warsaw underground. Since then, Astaldi has successfully taken part in the most important projects concerning transport infrastructure in the country. The following contracts are considered to be the most significant achievements:
- II line of underground in Warsaw – 6 km of underground; 7 stations, tunnel under the Vistula. The tunnels are built using TBM technology (Tunnel Boring Machine).
- modernization of railway line Warsaw- Lodz, stage II, Lot B2- fragment Lodz Widzew- Lodz Fabryczna with construction of the underground station Lodz Fabryczna intended for dispatch and arrival of trains and service of travelers, reconstruction of road system and infrastructure around multi- modal station Lodz Fabryczna- construction of integrated transfer junction above and under Weglowa street.
- extension of national road no. 8 to merge the parameters of a two-lane expressway, works to be executed between Piotrków Trybunalski and Rawa Mazowiecka – 62 km of road including 14 road junctions and 59 engineering structures such as viaducts and bridges.
- construction of Municipal Waste Thermal Treatment in Bydgoszcz. The plant will be ready by the end of 2015.
- modernization of the railway connection from Krakow Main Station to the International Airport in Balice.